Sunday, January 4, 2009

It's January 2009........

and I am having a hard time remembering to write 2009.....already have a mental block on this year.......why?

Only a knitting disaster to report........the perennial UFO cables and lace cardigan from 2004 that was so close to completion.............finished the sleeves, found a problem with the back, ripped out to armholes............while ripping out, found more errors all the way down near the bottom so had to rip out the entire back........

and then just after I finished that, found out Beluga, the fruitcake puppy.......decided in the interim to chew on the pinned sleeves stitch holder.......it is pretty mangled......so one sleeve now, also has to be fixed.
Here she is posing with part of the sweater...for a ravelry shot.
NOOOOOOO.....I did not kill her, but I will admit I considered it for at least a full second. Needless to say, she spent the rest of the evening in puppy jail.......for her own safety!!!

This sweater is ILL-FATED....no matter how you look at it....still not done after 5 years...

Should there be a time limit, when a UFO..........should be frogged?

Look how she mangled that metal stitch holder....which, made me wonder where was I when she was working on that.


And just the day before, she ended up in puppy jail.......for having part of a bamboo needle in her mouth...........it took a few days, but I found the other parts.........and it was the clapotis scarf that she attacked......so that warranted another day in puppy jail, for her.


My concern is this puppy does not seem to respect my fiber projects and in particular my fiber tools!!!


.......or is it she just knows which, projects are permanent UFO's........and is helping me out?

I was not happy with the yarn used in my Clapotis Scarf.....it was verging on becoming a UFO......but, how did she know? and was that an excuse to destroy a perfectly good set of needles? LOL!!!


So this is how my year began..........


Wishing you a wonderful year.......

SMILES To you,

DC

No comments: