Sunday, March 28, 2010

I Was Feeling a Bit Mentally Skewed After..........

my latest debacle with guess who.......and happened upon the new Knitty pattern by Lana Holden.....called SKEW.

Without delay, I cast on.......with some sock yarn I had bought at a LYS sale........but did not like the look. We started a KAL on the Bucks County Knitters group on ravelry. Feel free to join us......

I went hunting into the stash room, when guess what I should find......my missing digital camera from almost a year ago......LOL!!! Now I have two cameras...UGGGH!!! In any case, I did not find a sock yarn that I wanted.....so went hunting in my bedroom and found some alpaca and silk singles perfect for this sock on my schacht spinning wheel.

I spent two days spinning the remaining roving, which I love. I began the Skew again......as soon as it was dry. I am happy with it so far. The directions are well written, it is fun to knit....and I am finished both socks. It is tough knitting with the #1 needles though, not sure I will venture this small again.......

The heel is a bit tight to get on, but feels fine once you are in them. Lana has offered several suggestions for modifications to her pattern....which you can read on her blog. My own suggestion is to go up a needle size if your sock is a bit too tight.....I wish I had knit them on 2's.

I was so excited about finishing my first toe up socks, I decided to cast on for the Overlapping Leaves Toe Up Sock Pattern, which is a free ravelry.com download.  I have read comments that the heel maybe an issue......will let you know as I progress.


Smiles to YOU,
DC

No comments: