Thursday, April 29, 2010

april is almost gone..........and

I have spent most of this month spring cleaning.......or meditating or planning.........and throwing away mounds of papers.......about 43 bags full.  I decided to take time off from managing the estate, it was really
burning me out.  I am just starting to feel back to my old self, after a month and a half break.

I have a ton of storm damage.....roof, back door, deck, fence, walkways, trees limbs to be removed.........and these contractors take forever getting back with the quotes.

My knitting group at bucks county knitters on ravelry, met for the first time at my home last saturday.......it was wonderful sitting outside and knitting.  We are going to do it again this Sunday.....hopefully, I will take
some pics to put up here.

I have been working on recreating the lettuce leaf scarf by lucy neatby........being too cheap to buy the pattern...I have come up with my own version using the photos as inspiration.  After ripping it out a few times, I think I have captured her basic concept, but you be the judge. I am using the leftovers from the skew sock, since I ripped out the heel up sock that was too tight.  Here is a pic for you of my progress to date. I cast on 20 stitches and am using size #2 US needles.

The bottom is composed of six short row sections beginning with 20 stitches and worked around  like half a pie.  Then I begin to go across on 40 stitches, doing a ten stitch short row to create the side ruffles.  Once I get further and know that I like it, I will post my recipe for this unvented scarf....tentatively named the savoy cabbage scarf. 


I also started on the drop 181 pattern.......I love how it is coming along. I am using stash yarn, filaturi di crosa....ganimede.  It is turning out great, almost done with the flounce.  It is 416 stitches for 6 inches.
Here is a pic of the finished pattern.







This is a free pattern and can be found here. Here is a pic of  my progress so far.


I am hoping that you are enjoying the wonderful spring weather........

SMILES TO YOU,
DC

No comments: