Friday, July 6, 2007

GOOD NEWS...besides the fact the SUN has decided to SHOW UP!

There are finally FINISHED OBJECTS to REPORT.... I actually accomplished something beyond removing worms, dead leaves, japanese beetles and rather large brown spiders that decided to take a swim in MY pool....

and....I refurbished the pool net thingey with some old fiberglass screening found in my master bath linen closet...and that, is a bit longer of a story....related to the day I decided that my jacuzzi for two was a waste of space....and should become my papermaking studio...LOL!!!

One benefit of being a pack rat queen....is that with a little creativity, I can construct just about anything that I need without ever having to leave HOME!!!! But, I digress......from the point of my post today.....

I finished some STUFF!!!! :~)



First item....UFO boyfriend scarf has been BLOCKED....and is BEEAUTIFUL.....if I have to say so myself.......Here is a photo....of the FO.....with instructions to follow...sometime in the NEAR future..........














Second item....A white cotton trapeze tank from a Knitter's Magazine from several years ago (made w/ Sirdar DK Opium, 58% cotton, 37% acrylic, 5% silk from MY STASH)... which, still needs to be blocked...but, is sewn up and actually fits. It was all knitted and rolled up in a bag waiting to be sewn together, for the last year.....hey, DON'T RUSH ME! It took only an hour....PLUS OR MINUS A YEAR or SO...to sew it up
......INSTEAD


....I was busy starting NEW PROJECTS!!!!!



....and, a photo....of the two
Finally Finished OBJECTS...
hanging out together!!! ;~0



Third item.....I harvested my strawberries this year and made some delectable strawberry jam.



Very easy to do: wash strawberries, add organic sugar and lemon to taste....bring to a boil and spoon into a canning jar or saved jar.....cool and refrigerate....ENJOY!


AND....the most significant of all completed PROJECTS to report....IS, that I finally sat down
and organized all those patterns/ technical information/ inspirational photos printed out from the web into nice notebooks with dividers UNTIL 3AM last evening........I HAVE A FEW INCHES OF FLOOR SPACE...in my office/fiber studio...........YIPPEEEEEEEEE!!!!

That was big. I truly believe that CLUTTER is a state of mind.....and I am focused on changing
the STATE OF MY MIND...in 2007.

I also have had a request for some jewelry photos....so here are two....they were used for postcards for craft shows..... The first pair of earrings is hand formed Sterling Silver with garnets and glass beads.... the second photo earrings are cast and hand fabricated with onyx drops and an orange red stone whose name escapes me at the moment...and the matching bracelet uses the same stones and was hand fabricated by moi....and I am not sure if they are still in inventory or have been sold....if you are interested email me and I will investigate and
give you a price quote.
AND.... until the Computer Geek arrives on Monday, to figure out what COMCAST did to my computer, when they tried to replace my modem....I have no scanner, no cd, no dvd, no emails prior to JUNE 20th, 2007...........no workable ITUNES library....

Lastly, the bad news...is while I finished two knitting projects, I began two new projects at the pool...because, I just can not resist that old temptation to begin a NEW PROJECT!!!

Two out, Two in...is that progress....or NOT???...I have not decided!!!

A tank top, which I am using taupe cotton and a noro multi colored rayon carry along...and a NEW SoapCloth which I am designing with beige bernat cotton that I found in one of my
unearthed UFO's....an old bag project that I am never going to finish....but, will FROG this week and it will become a NEW something or other. It is a hopelessly UGLY project...where the yarn just did not suit the design found in Knitter's Magazine 3 years ago.

I will post both the SoapCloth pattern and photo...when it is finito....as well as the promised pattern for the ubiquitous UFO BOYFRIEND SCARF....which, by the way drove the clean up of paperwork in my studio....I could not find my pattern design notes...it is amazing they were still underneath a pile of papers...and glad to report....was rescued!!!!

Time to go out to the pool...for a bit of a swim....and some sunshine!!!!

Wishing you all a wonderful weekend....filled with at least ONE FINISHED PROJECT.....

Smiles to you,
DC

No comments: