Friday, March 7, 2008

Finished off projects.........yippeeeeeee!

Finally finished off something or two.......my Nicky Epstein flower scarf is sewn, finished and blocked. This took two days to sew the flowers together. I had to make the border longer and make 7 more flowers to get it to the length I wanted it to be. What a nightmare!

But, am happy with the finished scarf, I love the colors, the feel, the look....it is a bit bulky due to the flowers.

I think I will make another in ivory and make it not as wide.

Here is a close up shot of the flowers. I used angora, mohair, alpaca and handspun wool.



....and the second finished item. A spring sweater with Blue Heron beaded cotton in seaweed colorway. I ran short of yarn and improvised with some berrocco suede in blue. It turned out nicely, since the pattern called for
a contrast trim.


The pattern is the cover photo on the Spring/Summer 2005 Family Circle Easy Knitting Magazine. It was really easy to knit. Finished it in two weeks.





And here is my new KIP project, the Frenchy Camisole by Katie Himmelberg, from the Interweave Knits magazine Spring 2007.

I am using some variegated silk yarn I found in my stash. Not sure whose it is or where I bought it, but I suspect it was an early ebay purchase.

It is on 7 circulars. It is an easy knit and suitable for a take along project.




I am also working on the Dean Crane, candle flame shawl, with some Blue Heron variegated silk yarn which, is coming alone nicely. Will put up a photo with the next post of my progress. This is the KAL for the Bucks County Stitch and Bitch group on Ravelry.


Well that is all for today, I have to get moving, showered, to the bank and up to sign the lease for my new shop in Doylestown. More on that later. This is big and overwhelming, lots to do.


Wishing you all a wonderfully creative weekend........

Smiles to you,
DC

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.