Saturday, April 14, 2007

A POEM written to my UFO LOVER

frustrated love

don't know why I bother....it is futile....

something is very wrong....

it has been for weeks now....

I have tried to reach you....but you won't let me in.

i am exhausted from trying with no reward....

passion dies if the flames are not stoked....

patiently, I have waited on this merry go round......

struggling to understand....

while you watch.....

unwilling to give me your hand....

i can not see your heart in my mind's eye....

through all the obstructions you have put
in our path.......

the music has stopped and the lights
have gone out....

all that remains is silence....

my tears....wet upon my cheeks

and your smoke.....and anger

buried in your own subterfuge...

you can not see ME.....

shadows of ghost women past
block your view.....

i can not find my way alone.....

you can not find the time or the
grace to sooth my soul....

calm my fears.........

or end the disrespect.....

that you evoke.... with all your smoke.....

you cling to your past anger like glue.......

fearing our chance to grow love anew.....

WE are now so very lost........can this be?

until the past for you.....is past

there can be no ME or US......

in your world.......there is no room...

among the past clutter, harsh judgments
and falsehoods, you so angrily profess........

for wings to sprout and US to fly....

without your hand, i have lost my way....

i shall miss the dream of US.

i wonder will you?

did you ever dream of US....?

I wonder still..........

you never would say.....

good bye, my darling...


(copyright October 2006, unauthorized use is prohibited
without the authors consent)

No comments: