Sunday, May 31, 2009

My Stash is Totally and Unbelieveably OUT OF CONTROL....

there, I admitted it.........I need to have a stash sale.......because, if I live to be a hundred years old, I can never use all the yarn and fiber that has some how made its way into my home. I would venture to say that I have a small yarn shop in my home. I would also say, this is proof........absolute proof, that I should have owned a yarn shop for the last 20 years of my life. UGGGGGGGGGH!!!

What has driven today's confession, you might be wondering.....along with the fact there are NO PHOTOS????

Last Sunday afternoon, I decided to put some of my yarn up for sale on ebay......which, drove me to go into the stash room. Yes, it has its own room and probably needs its own address.....maybe zip code. In any case, I made the mistake of taking my digital camera with me........BIG MISTAKE!!!

I put it down, in a mindless state of euphoria, while opening yarn bins....and touching my stash....some of which has not seen the light of day since my separation.....and after, I filled a large box with some yarn....I left. Sat down and said, I need to take photos...........OOOPSSS, no camera. Yup, you guessed it......that camera, is somewhere in my
stash room.......lost for one entire week.

My project on this beautiful spring day, was to find it. I started at 10:30 am, it is now 7:31pm and I have been through all the bags of fleece.........and about 20 bins and NO CAMERA. I am 1/3 through the room. I have taken maybe a 2 hour break..........and NO CAMERA.

I am thinking, this is a light bulb moment.......and all I wish I could do at this moment is take a photo of the room so you could understand what I am writing. I have seen photos of incredibly large stashes, online.....and I was afraid mine was possibly bigger.......Now, I am fairly sure........it could be, and that is totally ridiculous.

Over consumption.....and possibly worse than my UFO SITUATION. I am never going to attend another stitches conference, maryland sheep and wool show, Rhinebeck, or yarn store until this STASH is reduced to 1/4 of its present size.

I am now going to go back in there to find enough yarn to sell, to pay for a NEW DIGITAL CAMERA.......because, chances are, it is lost in the BLACK HOLE OF STASHDOM.........and will not see the light of day.......until I get rid of most of that YARN one way or another......So stay tuned for the announcement of the yarns for sale.......and if you are reading this blog and looking for a particular yarn or dyelot.....let me know.........I might have what you are looking for.......in other words, I am taking special requests. Leave them in the comments section.

Wishing you all a great day,
Smiles to you,
DC

No comments: