Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Loads of inspiration for YOU, today.........


I know, it is my second post......but, saw some interesting things on the web today and wanted to write about them...... Knitted bags and they look so easy to replicate... or as a stepping off point to your own design. I like the leather touches and the linings are quilted fabric.


They are from JUICY COUTURE...a hot designer, these days. I visited one of their stores in santa barbara, CA.

The farthest one is called the jane bag @ $275 and the closest is the renee bag @ $395. Can you believe those prices.

Looks like BIGGGG needles and some lion's brand fishermans wool...or your own handspun bulky...and you have it made! I think a bag would look fabulous in some great natural grey homespun yarn....I just might have to indulge... :-)


yes, I know, focus on finishing up those UFO's or at least 2 before starting another new project.....but, with such great inspiration...............what is a girl to do?????


INSPIRATION #2


The next thing I happened upon was on Neiman Marcus's site.........yes, I know, pricey, pricey.......but, I love NM....have always loved it.....even have a characture statue of myself in my home....and I am holding a NM shopping bag....


They have a video today of the dior runway show...john galliano the designer, commentary throughout. I loved one of his statements....where he said, fashion is important....it inspires us to DREAM....no matter what fashion we can afford.


This video is very inspirational...not just because, he makes some great comments about how we think of fashion and its inspirational value........but, for the fur trimmed capes and stoles and suit jackets. Take a look!

It got me to thinking about all the fun fur yarns out there....that are not that expensive. How easy would it be to update one of your old suit jackets.....by making fun fur sleeves or cuffs to slip over the suit sleeves or trim the edge of a coat, or skirt or how about a great muff to keep your hands warm this fall?

Or how about, updating one of those ponchos you made last season....with some fur edging????

He said, the look he was going for was 40's glam. Monochromatic colors....so gold fabric, gold fur........take a look.........go ahead, you know you want to!!!! ...and remember to wear a bib.....or grab a tissue....the collection is gorgeous this year!

If anyone does make something from this inspiration, I would love to post the photos on my blog...so send them in..............to konoponopdesigns@comcast.net


AND FOR inspiration ###3.........FOR ALL YOU OUT THERE, THAT JUST NEVER KNOW WHAT COLORS TO MIX TOGETHER.........THIS IS BIGGGGGGGGGG!

Check out the colourlovers website........you can sign up....and design your own palettes,experiment,see what colors are hot and are not, what others think are great and also some inspirational photos of autumn colors....if you sign up, you can use the site to keep your own palette ideas....it is really, really neat!

I was so excited to find out about this color site....and all its color palette tools. My mind is spinning from the color possibilities.


Anyway, it is an absolutely lovely day in bucks county...and I want to go outside and knit, and knit, and knit...and who knows, I just might have a finished off project to photo by the end of the day....working on
a short sleeve top and the nicky epstein flower scarf..........


wishing you all a day filled with wondrous inspiration............
smiles to you,
DC

No comments: