Sunday, October 26, 2008

Part #4 - #17 Vogue Knitting Holiday 2008 - Lace Cardigan

Well....I am just finishing the last Sleeve. The left sleeve. I got to the cap and there were more errors in the instructions. I am finished writing Vogue. They should pay me for tech editing this pattern. Someone should.

Here goes.

The right sleeve says Bind off 4 or 5 stitches twice, then dec 1 st each side on next row, **then every other row 5 times.** 30 sts left size small

the left sleeve says the same.........except ....from ** then every other row 4 times." 28 sts size small. ( my math gets me to 32 sts left size small.....but, hey what do I know, I am unemployed....)

Don't even ask me who does their math for them........they are hopeless. I would think that after I wrote so many comments to Vogue, someone would have gone through the entire pattern with a fine tooth comb. Obviously, NOT!!!

and I decided I am not working for them for free. So this error notice is only found here.

I am going to use the right sleeve decreases as written for the left sleeve. It looks good and like it will fit. The right sleeve is blocked and looks good. I am praying to the knitting gods, that this sews up with my adjustments and is wearable after all this angst.

The funny part about this project, is I started it as the stock market began crashing, for some stress relief and none was to be found. This project has been sheer hell!!! Just hope it was worth it. I do like the yarn, it is fabulous and highly recommend it.

Wishing you a wonderful sunday evening,
Smiles to you,
DC

No comments: