Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Get your Knitting Ducks in a Row..........

or so the astrological forecast for the week states the COSMOS is insisting we do. Is there any question why I am not sleeping..........LOL!

This has been a tough past week/weekend...so I am up smoking, drinking red wine and NOT HAVING SEX! Problem one!!!!

Problem two: I have a female woodpecker who has decided that my wood siding is tasty! Not the next door neighbor's house, not all the lovely trees in my yard or behind my yard....she likes my house. I have spent the week, dragging my butt down to the kitchen for coffee.....pushing the button and running outside to chase that WOODPECKER off my house! Give me a break...now what am I supposed to do about that dear cosmos?

I told UFO boyfriend....he confirmed it, when he looked at all the holes in my siding and, said, " YOU... have a problem!" .....and I am thinking.....that makes two PECKER PROBLEMS!!!! What happened to male gallantry....? does it still exist?

Problem three: I fell off the UFO wagon...and have finished one UFO and created two in the month of October.... I am now thinking, whatever is left at the end of this year....might just get FROGGED....and I start over with a clean slate.....and no past pressure.

Problem four: More disillusionment....first the dunkin donuts episodes and Now this about TWINKIES ....

"Although eight of the ingredients in the beloved little snack cake come from domestic corn and three from soybeans, there are others — including thiamine mononitrate — that come from petroleum. Chinese petroleum. Chinese refineries and Chinese factories. And there are other unexpected ingredients that are much harder to trace. So much for the great "All-American" snack food..... Now that the tainted pet food scandal has made us more aware that many additives come from overseas, and China in particular....How can you have quality control when you don't even know where the ingredient is coming from? "

I especially like that concept, UNEXPECTED INGREDIENTS!!! LOL!!! The good news is I was never a real fan of Twinkies.......and I am not likely to become one now....but, hey, why require manufacturer's to list ingredients....and NOT require them to use words that we NON-CHEMISTS understand....?

I could be wrong but if the label of any food I bought said...PETROLEUM or PETROLEUM BY-PRODUCTS...I might do a little research before I stick it into my digestive system, especially if it is NOT Calorie FREE! UGGH!...if you can not trust a Twinkie to be safe....it makes you wonder....what is in a cheeto....your tortillo chips, my beloved jalapeno kettle chips, twizzlers licorice, peanut butter tandy cakes.......and the list goes on.......while I am here at my typewriter munching down some salsa and chips.......LOL!

Which by the way, the nacho cheese label did notify me that " This is not a source of dietary fiber or nutrition"...LOL!!! Thank you....I was a little conflicted there, but now, I AM SURE....this is NOT HEALTHY Eating.........

Problem five: I would feel better if I had a cup of coffee and a donut....but, I just do not feel like taking a trip to dunkins....to find that THE MAN who is supposed to be making donuts, is sleeping while I am NOT! Sorry, No donuts today, MISS!

Problem six: I got absolutely nothing constructive done today, except....walking outside,chasing THE woodpecker, talking to a friend about her UFO boyfriend for 4 hours.....and casting on another project.....drinking, smoking and eating a dove bar.....did I say, eating, drinking, smoking, talking.....so much for getting my ducks in a row........

Problem seven: I finally got my ravelry invite the other day....I signed on and I ask you why.........???? It is JUST more forms to fill out. They provide you a place to list out your stash........and I personally am not sure that they have enough server space for a list with photos of MY STASH......and where will I ever get the time to do that....and Not to mention my UFO production...LOL!!!! I think they will be fine with the addition of my Finished projects...NADA...because, let's face it....my attention span these days...is about two minutes...... I think I need to TWITTER!!!

If you twitter...Please feel free to join my friends list.....and if you don't twitter, START....and join my friends list.........

Problem eight: I went downstairs to zap the congealing Nacho cheese....I looked at the clock...and IT SAID 4:30 AM....which means, it is morning and I am at my desk eating nachos with extra hot homemade salsa and drinking red wine....IN THE MORNING!!!! Which I promptly resolved by finishing the wine and putting the glass in the sink...........the bad news is, I do not think that coffee really works with nachos....do you?

Problem nine: The wonderful chipper that I finally purchased on harborfreight.com has not been shipped, because it is on back order! They decided to inform me of this fact 11 days after I placed the order...and 8 days after they said it was going to be shipped. NICE! Just another problem I thought WAS resolved...and IS NOT! Thank you harbor freight........

Problem ten: I am trying to get my proverbial ducks in a row.........but, cosmos please send me something other than a hamster wheel....to work with....because I have to get out of this spinning my wheels rut...I am in....and I could do with a WEE bit of luck to help out!

I think I am going to go down to the war room and try to find the box that contains my copy of 7 habits of highly effective people...because I DO NEED TO READ IT! It is now 5:30 am and I am going to attempt to get some sleep....before the phone starts ringing...

I am standing in quick sand, this week...I feel it!

Wishing you all a productive day.......
Smiles to you,
DC

No comments: