Friday, October 12, 2007

Knitting Tools and other mishaps this Week!

I have labeled this post knitting tools, because I consider a good cup of coffee and a Dunkin Donut...A KNITTING TOOL,.........it helps with creativity. I think it is the munnnnnnch and slurp that is most effective....AND, when the sugar comma sets in I get to dream about all the new projects I want to complete and can not while I am on this self imposed mission to complete the UFO's in my life.

Well I hit a small glitch this weekend....and not at one Dunkin Donuts establishment....but TWO....and IN Two Different States....and will admit I am still recovering from my disillusionment and looking for a replacement indulgence....and I like a good box of donuts...and krispy kremes do not do it for me!!!

I went for a donut and coffee with a friend....in Burlington, NJ, near this fabulous crab restaurant....for dessert. We hit the drive up window...and I am thinking this is pretty kewl, drive by donuts....only to have my hopes dashed. I ordered one plain and one chocolate iced cruller....lots of air, seems to give the belief to moi that there are less calories.........but, I digress. So here comes my bag of donuts....I slowly open my bag....the plain cruller is looking a wee bit small........and I reach in...and it is hot....IT HAS BEEN MICROWAVED...........

Microwaved donuts are a sacriledge! Not to mention it was stale. Okay, next...and the chocolate donut, not stale was not a cruller! I admit to have been desperate enough to chomp them down........but, it just didn't do it for me. But, I was thinking....to myself....that little guy from the commercials is either on early retirement or he is having as difficult a time focusing on his work these days as myself!

So the following day, I take a cruise up to the outlets in Reading, I scored a mighty fine Dooney & Bourke bag...black bumpy leather, huge with pockets that can be used as a fancy knitting bag....... and we had dinner and then on the way back....stopped for some coffee at another DUNKIN DONUTS.....and this place...
had NO DONUTS.....A Dunkin Donuts........WITHOUT DONUTS. The owner said, we have some great muffins...and bagels. I said, Hey....what is going on with Dunkin's....and no donuts, stale donuts? I said, that sign did not say, MARVIN'S MUFFINS or BESSIE'S BAGELS!!!!

I don't know about you guys, but when the sign says donuts, I expect DONUTS.....and when it says DUNKIN DONUTS.... I expect FRESH donuts.....Has the universe gone mad??????

I had a mission....I went to their website and read this....so I wrote to MR. Jon Luther, the Chairman and CEO, who came from POPEYE's Fried chicken....and I got an email asking me to call them. I did. They wanted details. My aunt was sure they would offer me coupons for free donuts...or something........but NOOOOOO!NADA!!! Not even an explanation for why anyone would even consider MICROWAVING A DONUT....they did thank me for my trouble.

That was my weekend...

and then sunday, Lewis Hamilton did not get a penalty....we knew it! That FIA is something else this year. They did however, take away Vettel's penalty, because they could not very well give one to him and not Pretty Boy Hamilton....

The good news is, KARMA stepped in, and Mr. Hamilton's car ran out of tyres and ended up in the gravel and got a DNF ( did not finish ) for the race. Which means Alonso and KIMI could still win the championship. This one is going to the last race, to be held in Brazil on October 21st at noon EST. The FIA will be observing
the equipment carefully to make sure there is no espionage and there is fair play....an official scrutineer will be on hand. I love that word...scrutineer.....

In any case, I got to thinking: when should a UFO become a DNF? I will be contemplating this during the next month....and would be interested in any comments related to that topic....

One last knitting tool comment....while, working on my UFO garage this weekend....I am happy to report that I found a LEAF VACUUM.....now, how cool is that. It has been lying dormant in my garage for years...and was a pre-divorce purchase so it dates back to a time prior to 2002. I have been raking leaves every year for the last 14 years and lugging them behind my fence, so they would not blow back ON MY YARD!...... when I could have just vacuumed my grass!!!! I consider this a very valuable fall knitting tool....because well, my leaves are raked or should I say vacuumed....and this thing mulches them....too...........YIPPEE!!!!

So I was able to finish my blue heron green sweater, just in time....for next spring! I can not take a photo of it yet, because I am going to attempt to submit the design to a knitting publication...so you will have to wait until it is REJECTED.

Gotta go and do my tax return for 2006....YES, another UFO in my life. I just can not face taxes in April....

Wishing you all a FIBER FANTASY WEEKEND...
Smiles to you,
DC

No comments: